Georgia  |  Traffic Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/04/13, 5:07 pm

was involved in a minor accident in which to aviod hitting a car that cut me off I scraped the passengers door side of the car in the next lane. Myself and the driver of the car I scraped both agreed not to call the police. He said that it looked like a simple scratch. This driver and I agreed that he would get an estimate and I would pay for it. We then both exchanged our information and he said that he would call me. When he did call he said his body shop said the axle was damaged and that the total cost of repair is $3000.00 I know and the other driver agreed at the time that only the door was scraped. I was told that they are trying to rip me off, and since The cops weren't called that there is no proof of an accident and I can simply walk away. I'm willing to pay for the damage I caused, but no extra. Can I walk away from this ?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search