Legal Question in Traffic Law in Georgia

Hello. After getting a new job, I drove home from work with no insurance, an expired tag, and an expired license. I planned on getting all of this fixed as soon I was able to make the payments: only I got pulled over 2 weeks after getting my (minimum wage) job. I was wondering if the judge will be lenient on my case? Can I plead for community service instead of jail time? I really cannot lose this job because of jail-time, as we have to manage on a meagre $180 a week. This is a first offence, and there was no accident or damage or anything.

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

You committed seroious offenses and knew you did. You potentially face up to three years in jail and $3000 in fines, although it more likely that you will get smaller but large fines and probation. Note that you also have the potential of a license suspension.

You need to retain counsel. That may minimize the consequences, and a good lawyer may help you keep your license. Note that each day after the ticket that you don't buy insurance hurts you, so get insurance, and a lawyer, ASAP.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Georgia

Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA