Legal Question in Traffic Law in Georgia

Traffic Ticket Dilemma

I was recently pulled over for a stop sign violation. I accidentally handed the police officer the wrong driver's license (it belonged to someone else) and the officer wrote the ticket out to the person on that i.d. When I realized she had written it out to a different person, I got scared that I would get in trouble for providing false identification, so I signed for the person on the i.d. I did it very impusively, I was extremly nervous and under pressure. What do I do now?

David Glass Law Offices of David H. Glass, LLC

Re: Traffic Ticket Dilemma

You have more than a traffic ticket dilemma, you may have additional criminal prosecution for forgery and providing a false i.d. An attorney may be able to clear up the confusion and help you out of it, without the additional charges. You need to act quickly, because the individual who was issued the ticket may report it. If you want a free consultation, call my colleague, Kendall Carter, he is a former Fulton County Assistant DA. He can be reached at 404.962.4475.

Sincerely,

David H. Glass, Esq.

Re: Traffic Ticket Dilemma

Sincerely,

David H. Glass, Esq.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Georgia