Georgia  |  Traffic Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/09/13, 9:21 am

I'm a visitor and I was involved in an accident in Atlanta. I was struck by another vehicle that went through a stop sign, causing me to have moderate impact to an oncoming vehicle. The police were called and as we went through the process of writing a report etc, he ran my license and suddenly I was under arrest for a suspended license which I was unaware of after an accident I didn't cause. After I was released I found out that I received citations for the license and for "failing to remain my lane" (after be struck by another car? the suspension was due to an assessment from my home state of NY which went unpaid because I never received any document requesting payment to my forwarded address in Los Angeles, where I have been for the past few months. I can't really afford an attorney right now. What can I do? I have photos of the accident, my driving record which also shows my license currently valid. What if I plead no-contest? Will this stay on my record?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search