Illinois  |  Business Law

Purchasing Vendor Sales Rout, snack products

I will be purchasing a rout from Snyder's of Hanover for the sales and distribution of their snack products. Once I have a copy of the contract, I would like to have it read over by a lawyer to make sure it is a fair and just agreement. What type of lawyer should I contact and what is the approximate cost to have the contract read over? Thanks

Answered on: 1/05/09, 2:49 pm by Naheed Amdani

Re: Purchasing Vendor Sales Rout, snack products

You should contact a lawyer who specializes in business law and contracts. The cost will vary, and will be partly determined by whether you just want an attorney to review the contract and explain it to you, or whether you want someone to negotiate it for you. Please feel free to contact me.

Law Offices of Naheed A. Amdani, P.C. 4909 W. Oakton Street Skokie, IL 60077

Answered on: 1/05/09, 2:52 pm by Layne Marino

You should have a business attorney review the contract to ensure that everything you discussed with the representative from Snyder's is contained in the document. Depending on the attorney they may charge an hourly fee or a flat fee for the review of the contract.

Attorney address not available

Answered on: 1/05/09, 3:04 pm by Burton Padove

Congratulations and good luck. You are making two good decisions, one is working with an established business with a good reputation, the other, is seeking legal advice beforehand.

You need to have an attorney who knows business law and contracts, not necessarily a specialist. You do not need a neurosurgeon for a sore throat, nor do you need to pay exhorbinant fees for a specialist.

A thorough attorney will review the contract, point out areas to be concerned about and discuss the contract in terms of your overall approach to setting up the business.

The cost will vary. However, if all you really want is for an attorney to review the contract and not negotiate it, you are probably looking at $350 or so. If you are looking for overall business and legal advice including whether to incorporate or form an LLC, this could range to over $1000.

The key is that you protect yourself and your future.

Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove 2327 45th Street, Suite B Highland, IN 46322