Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Illinois

Attorney forged my signature on legal document

I have been dealing with an attorney for few months now regarding bankruptcy. I have recently went to the bankruptcy court and met with the judge. My attorney told me to answer and lie on some basic questions if the judge asks. I didn't realize I was going to be under oath, but I still proceeded and answered the questions according to my attorney. It has been bugging me ever since and I understand I have lied, but I really had to make a choice. This lawyer is also my parent's attorney and I don't want to ruin the relationship between them. My parent's do not know that the attorney advised me to lie, but they told me I should just deal with her and move on, if possible. It has been a week and I have been contemplating about reporting myself and the attorney to the judge, but I wasn't sure what the outcome would be. Right now, as I was about to go to bed, I realize the document I saw in the court room had my ''copied'' signature. My attorney forged my signature. What can I do?

Asked on 2/28/09, 5:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lesley Hoenig Lesley A. Hoenig, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Attorney forged my signature on legal document

I am confused as to what you mean as to copied signature? What document were you being shown? Had you not signed said document at any time?

Read more
Answered on 3/02/09, 11:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now