Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Illinois

I worked for a major company for almost 19 years, during that time I was called several names that not only did the vice president and the asst. Vice president but my colleagues joined in too. ( gator, joey the lung, the whore of Chicago, fag) over the years I took it due to that it was my job and I had a family to support. I did once complain to hr and they were more worried to who they were talking to. But there answer was I have to due what ever my asst. Vp said even if it was to were a blue dress. I knew that this was wrong but my wife was seriously sick at the time and I could afford to loose my job. They even ecussed me of sexual harassment of another's employees wife. About 2 years ago my wife and I decided to transfer to another state hoping for a new start. I choose to step down temporarily knowing that I would get reinstated. We used my wife's health so that we could get a fresh start. My Corp executive even told my not to worry, that I did the best thing based on the companys mato. So I moved my family across country and nothing really changed. They used my experience to help others. During 18 months I saw 11 people with less seniority get promotion over me, they moved my 5 times in 10 months. When I asked what was going on with my career it was referred to winning the lotto, I was dumped into the region. I left this year after that comment, I couldn't take it anymore. I know that this a private company and the have there rules but does it include destroying my selfisteam. I left on great terms, no conflict, I returned home with my family but they stolen my selfisteam, they made me feel that I'm noting. I have looked online about this but it said I only had 90 days to report and its passed that. I feel that its not right for a company to treat its employees in this manner.

Asked on 8/19/13, 5:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Betty Tsamis Tsamis Law Firm PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Please do yourself a favor and do two things: speak to a qualified employment attorney about any legal remedies you might have and seek a competent counselor to address your issues of feeling diminished self esteem.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/13, 5:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now