Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I am in a child custody battle if my husband is in jail can my ex husband take my kids away?

Zedrick Braden III Ainsworth & Associates PC

Hello. My response is based on the statements posted by you on this website. I understand that you are in a custody battle with your husband who is in jail. From your posting I cannot determine how long your husband will be in jail, but certainly a judge will view his incarceration as an indication that it will not be in the best interest of your child for him to have custody once he is released. But again, I imagine that you were unable to supply all of the details of your situation in this posting. I have additional comments and suggestions that I can make.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois