Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

My husband owes arrears for a child in Illiois where paternity is in question and not been determined. What can we do? He has been out of work and has not paid. If and when he finds work, can he be thrown into jail for this?

Asked on 6/11/12, 10:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Gotzh Law Office of David Gotzh
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Paternity has been determined. See the Illinois Parentage Act, 750 ILCS 45/1 et seq.

Read more
Answered on 6/11/12, 12:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now