Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/06/13, 9:19 am

My childs father, after 12 years wants to sign his rights over and have my husband adopt her. How do i start this process?

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/07/13, 11:02 am by Jonathan Shimberg

You need to start an adoption proceeding and then have the father sign a consent in front of a judge. This is a highly technical area. A mistake could make the adoption defective. You really should see an attorney about this. It is not a simple one court shot. They may want to take your fingerprints for example. See a lawyer.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C. 9003 Lincolnwood Drive Evanston, IL 60203

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search