Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/23/13, 9:10 am

I am trying to give guardianship rights for my minor to my sister who resides in the state of Indiana. I currently reside in Illinois. I have been getting so much run around with many different resources that I have been referred to in both states. I need some legal experts to answer. First, Do I actually need an attorney to represent me? This is not a custody battle, just trying to get the guardianship implemented so that the school would accept my daughter into their school asap. According to the school, the guardianship has to go through a court order. Also, can I file in either states?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search