Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/23/13, 5:20 pm

I gotten married in Indiana we are separated since sept of 2012 she lives in Indiana and I am in Illinois do I have to file for divorce in Indiana or can I do it in Illinois ?

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/23/13, 6:22 pm by Sue Roberts-Kurpis, Esq.

You can file in Illinois provided that you have been here for 90 days. If there are children involved, however, assuming the children still live in Indiana, an Illinois court will not decide issues of custody. If that is the case, you should file in Indiana.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of Sue Roberts-Kurpis 3845 West 58th Place Chicago, IL 60629

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search