Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/22/13, 1:47 pm

My ex-spouse was supposed to execute a quit claim deed conveying her interest in our marital residence to me within 10 days of the judgement of dissolution of marriage, & failed to do so. I am supposed to have her name totally off the mortgage by sept 1st of this year, and now do not have time for the assumption to get processed. The papers state that if her name is not off the mortgage by specified date that I have to sell the house. Since she did not do her part in this do i still have to sell the house?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search