Illinois  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/09/12, 3:17 pm

I am not legal in this country but i am the owner of a business, can the business file taxes with the owner(me) not being legal? I have an Individual tax number that I got when I had a visa to come, but my visa is expired. I want to be legit and pay my owed taxes. What do you think?

1 Answer

Answered on: 2/11/12, 11:56 am by Stephen Messutta

Unfortunately, compliance with tax laws will not revive your visa. Depending on your former visa status you could be very likely subject to deportation and, having stayed beyond your visa expiration could create serious re-entry problems. There are a few incentives, however, for foreigners who bring money here, start businesses and create jobs for American citizens, including special visa status. Contact an immigration attorney IMMEDIATELY to discuss your options.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney address not available

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search