Legal Question in Employment Law in Illinois

In Federal Court, the judge is in clear violation of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Rule 1 (rules governing procedure) and Rule 26b (discovery on any RELEVANT matter).

In short, the judge has denied specific interrogatories highly relevant to my case, and allowed (by court order no less) discovery by the defense on matters entirely irrelevant to the case.

Why is the judge not following the rules/procedures, and what are my options to requesting a different judge ? - Thanks

Chen Kasher Chen Kasher

Is this a magistrate judge? Do a motion pursuant to 28 USC 636. If this is a district court judge, his rulings on discovery are generally only reviewed for abuse of discretion, so you are out of luck. Try obtaining your discovery by RTAs, depositions, and requests for production.

I am unsure as to why you are nettled about answering irrelevant interrogatories. Your responses will be worthless for defense.

If a case is worthwhile to litigate, it is worthwhile to get a good attorney. Going pro se is a bad idea, as evidenced by these types of rulings. Federal court is not for the faint of heart or inexperienced.

chenkasher@gmail.com

chenkasherlaw.vpweb.com

(773) 853-3062

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Illinois

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms