Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Illinois

What to do to make my chiropractor reduce the bill for treating me after an accident, overcharging me. Insurance does not agree to pay the bill since damage on car was only $165, thank you

Nima Taradji Taradji Law Offices

Property damage has nothing to do with injuries a person sustains.

1- you can talk to the doctor and ask him to reduce the bill; or

2- you can do research in the area and find other chiros and get their prices and see if your chiro's prices are higher than the others

If his prices are in par with what others in that area charge then those are the prices. Medical care is expensive and so the fact that the bill is high does not mean you are being over-charged.

If you were involved in a car accident and you got injured and you went to the doctor who provided you with medical care based on the fact that you said you were hurting, you should get yourself a lawyer to help you deal with this--it looks like you are buying into the insurance argument that because there is little damage to the car, you could not have been injured.

Good luck,

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Illinois