Illinois  |  Personal Injury

I was in a car accident, and my medical expenses are covered under my auto insurance policy. So far, my auto insurance company has not paid my medical bills.

If I pay my hospital bill this week, I will receive a significant discount on that bill. I have cash that I can use to pay that bill, and I would like to lock in this discount just in case there is a problem with my auto insurance company paying.

If I pay my hospital bill out of pocket, am I likely to have a problem being reimbursed by my auto insurance company for that expense if my auto insurance company would have paid my hospital bill directly?

The accident and medical expenses occurred in WI, but I reside in IL.

I am only hoping for my auto insurance company to pay my medical bill, I am not hoping for any other compensation. One attorney has recommended that I contact a Personal Injury Attorney, as "chances of you receiving fair compensation for an injury working alone with the insurance co. is not good." Does that sound right to you?

Thank you