Illinois  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/15/13, 7:59 am

My father obtained a house in the southwest suburbs of Chicago via living will. He never transferred the house into his name. My father is now ill and is awaiting a liver transplant on the west coast. My family can no longer afford to keep up with the mortgage and my father wishes to sell the house. He signed over a power of attorney for the estate as well as his finances to me. How do I begin the process of transferring the title of the house into his name. Mind you, I live in the southwest suburbs of Chicago and he lives in Nevada.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search