Legal Question in Workers Comp in Illinois

My doctor did not file my case with workmans comp even though he was aware there was a work injury so my personal insurance paid for my surgery. I only discovered this during one of my followup visits. What can I do?

Asked on 6/23/12, 7:01 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Nima Taradji Taradji Law Offices
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Have you filed a workers compensation claim? Is one pending? In order for the doctor to submit bills to the WC insurance, there has to be a claim already on its way. If there is none, then the doctor has done the right thing.

If you have not filed claim, you should speak with a WC attorney and start there.

I hope this helps

Read more
Answered on 6/23/12, 7:41 am
Mike Helfand
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you file a claim, we can make sure you get reimbursed for anything paid out of pocket and that your insurance carrier does as well. It's a big deal because your insurance company could go after you. If you want a referral to an attorney in your area call us at (312) 346-5320.

Read more
Answered on 6/25/12, 7:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now