Legal Question in Admiralty Law in India

I want to know that in dispute of collision by the foreignship which is not registered in india and not any branch office in india, where what would be the appropriate remedy apart from action in rem. whether action in personam may be initiated in the arbitration tribunal. further there is one more question that, is there any calcutta high court judgment on letters patent where the above issues discussed. kindly do the favor.

Asked on 1/27/13, 1:13 am

2 Answer from Attorneys

Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Action can be initiated in the country, whose territorial waters the collision occurred. For further details consult a local attorney, who can give you advise based on actual facts of the case.

Read more
Answered on 1/27/13, 10:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Admiralty Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now