Indiana  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/23/13, 8:40 am

In the state of Indiana when settling a personal injury from a car accident how do you figure the number to ask for. From what iv read its usually 3 xs the amount of medical and lost wages, but is that the medical number that they actually paid out or the number that health insurance actually payed providers.

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/23/13, 8:45 am by Burton Padove

I dont know what you have read but it's quite behind the times. Twenty years ago, that was a general formula that some insurers used, not anymore. There are way too many variables involved for any type of accurate estimate based on a paragraph submission. Lawyers review medical records, bills, life expectancy, other similar cases, the facts of the occurrence, the permanency involved, disability, medication records related to the occurrence, statements of witnesses and/or parties, whether there were tickets issued and admissions made in the traffic case, the insurance company involved and other factors in evaluating a claim's value.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove 2327 45th Street, Suite B Highland, IN 46322

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search