Iowa  |  Consumer Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/21/13, 7:15 am

We are in the process of selling a used car. A woman called and wants to buy it, but wants to make payments on it. Is there a "safe" way to sell a car on contract? I looked online, but most places suggest getting payment in full and have the contract state that the car is sold "as is." I can't find anything that tells me that the seller is protected when the car is sold to someone who wishes to make payments over a period of time. Is there a "safe" way to sell a used car to someone who can't pay in full?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search