Legal Question in Family Law in Iowa

my boyfriend moved in with me with the agreement to pay $200.00 a month he did so for 2 months then said he couldn't afford to pay me which he could and stopped paying he lived with me for 5 yrs and my kids found out he wasn't paying his share and started payingthe last year we were together.we are not together any more can I go after him for the months he did not pay

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

If there was a written agreement you might be able to recover something but ask yourself this: if he didn't pay you because he couldn't afford it how likely is it that he is going to be able to pay your judgment today? In addition it is a dubious proposition because you as the de facto landlord were letting him live there cost free, as a tenant at will.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Iowa