Kansas  |  Criminal Law

My mother and grandparents both received a phone call stating that I was charged with criminal check fraud and had a warrant but the number was out of New York city. I am confused I looked up the phone number and it said it was a scam. I tried to call the number and no one answered I can't afford an attorney but I want to know what I should do.

Answered on: 1/18/13, 2:16 am by Anthony Smith

This is among the worst tactics of fake collection agencies. You need to report this incident (and the phone number) to the Kansas attorney general. You might also consult directly with an attorney that handles fair debt collection Act violation cases

Good luck

LawSmith P.O. Box 2336 Lee's Summit, MO 64063

Answered on: 1/18/13, 2:18 am by Anthony Smith

This is among the worst tactics of fake collection agencies. You need to report this incident (and the phone number) to the Kansas Attorney General. You might also consult directly with an attorney that handles Fair Debt Collection Act violation cases.

Good luck