Legal Question in Criminal Law in Kansas

I have a relative who was convicted of criminal charges in March 2013. Since, the journal entry has never been filed by the courts, the appeal has not started. In addition, this relative still sits in county jail. There are not other pending charges. The defense attorney was court appointed and has done nothing since the conviction. Is there anything that can be done to get the appeal started?

Asked on 9/19/13, 9:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If there are sufficient grounds for an appeal, you may need to hue appellate counsel for your relative.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 9/19/13, 11:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now