Legal Question in Family Law in Kansas

Want to know my rights as a grandparent. My soon to be ex-daughter-in-law is taking my granddaughter and moving to colorado from Kansas. My daughter in law is a habitual pot smoker, hence the divorce. She is moving to a state with lenient laws on this, I DO NOT want my granddaughter around this. What can I do? My son is on the fence about causing any trouble with her so he doesnt risk not getting visitation. Any suggestions?

Asked on 1/30/13, 8:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Opposing a move by the other parent is not grounds for someone to "lose" visitation. If you have a steady relationship with your grandchild, your Son can push for visitation with you to nee party of the custody/visitation Order.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 1/30/13, 8:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now