Kentucky  |  Sexual Harassment

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/20/12, 8:35 am

My father is wanting to file charges against my boyfriend for statutory rape. I was 17 at the time. Can he file charges?

I am now 18 and my father is wanting to press the charges currently. The only reason he is wanting to press charges is because I want to move away from home. My boyfriend who may be facing the charges is 27. I live in Kentucky where the age of consent is 16. Do I have any legal rights that can stop the charges or can the charges even be made?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search