Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

have no adress for husband

i left my husband 2 years ago due to drug abuse and domestic violence. i was told that i had to wait 1 year before applying for divorce. i do not know where he is living or any type of an address and his family is no help, how can i proceed with the divorce, since i am unable to serve him or send him papers? due to financial constraints, i am wanting to get the divorce as low cost as possible. is it possible to file myself, if i have no paperwork from him and don't have any idea of how or where to serve him ?

Asked on 8/28/06, 4:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Casanave Andrew M. Casanave
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: have no adress for husband

There are lawyers who handle this type of divorce fairly inexpensively. The most complicated part will be serving him with the petition.

Read more
Answered on 8/28/06, 4:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now