Louisiana  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/16/06, 4:39 pm

Name change for Minor ?

To make it short, I have 2 kids from a previous marriage, both live with me and my 2nd husband. We would like to change their last name to my husbands name because they have 2 siblings and are sometimes embarrassed to have a diffrent last name then the rest of us. The kids are 13 & 9

and have not had contact with their bio-father in approx 4 years. I am owed $10k in support and it has been a year this month since received any. Support enforcement said he refuses to talk to them. My question is, given the info what are my chances of getting the name change ? I would like to file myself is there a website that would be helpful to me ?

Thanks !!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search