Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Louisiana

My father passed away in 2003 due to a car accident. My stepmother still dwells in the resident. There is a voluntary purchase program with a refinery "Salsol" who would like to buy the property she & my father owned.... Should myself & my brother be included in the sell of the property..?? Meaning a check from the sell...split 3 ways....

Asked on 8/29/13, 8:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Maguire James G. Maguire, Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Assuming that your father did not have a will, your mother owns 1/2 of the property and you and your brother inherited the other half, but your mother has the use of the house.

Read more
Answered on 8/30/13, 6:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Louisiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now