Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Louisiana

My uncle died 30+ years ago. He left a will that was probated in MS (his residence) and an ancillary judgement of possession was filed in Louisiana for some property in Jefferson Parish. The judgement identified three legatees. However, according to his will, one of these legatees was 1/8 usufruct interest. That legatee has recently passed on. What must I do to establish clear title.

The property is a small interest (value ~$10,000) and producing about $300/yr in income.

Asked on 10/31/13, 4:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Maguire James G. Maguire, Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Usufruct terminates at death, so that's over.

What you may want to do is file a document inyour uncle's Louisiana probate proceedings establishing that fact.

Read more
Answered on 11/01/13, 6:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Louisiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now