Louisiana  |  Workers Comp

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/20/04, 4:48 pm

Need Advice....

I had a work injury on 8/2003,that went from my lower neck area all the way down my back.I saw a few docs.and was told it was a strained muscle in my back. Then was told that it is all psychosimatic. Now i am seeing a different orthopaedist that did a myleogram and a nerve conduction test and they show I have a severely ruptured disc in my neck and it is leaking spinal fluid plus it is also pressing into my spine. I also have nerve damage. I am having problems from my head down to my lower back that also goes down to my feet on one side, plus my arms. The orthopaedist says i need surgery but it has been denied. Have been told by WC that I need a 2nd opinion. It has been almost 3 weeks now and when i have called them all i hear is they are having trouble finding another doc. My 1st question is what can i do about the type of treatment i got from the first few docs and therapist i saw and the 2nd question is how long should i wait for the appointment for the 2nd opinion concerning surgery and also what can i do about the denial for surgery..i am in constant pain, tingling and shocking sensations, swelling, headaches, and i sleep about 2 to 3 hrs. a nite when i am able to sleep,and getting worse as time lingers on.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search