Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Maine

My girlfriend and I bought a house last year, we have since split up and I have moved out; she still lives in the house. Currently the house is still mortgaged in both our names, how do I go about having my name removed from this mortgage ?

Asked on 10/03/13, 4:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Hall Qua, Hall, Harvey & Walsh
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

This depends upon many facts including but not limited to whether she can qualify to remortgage on her own, whether the bank would permit you to be taken off the mortgage, whether or not you and ex can agree to a division of the equity in the house, etc. If you can't agree, then you would have to file a suit to have the property sold.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/13, 5:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Maine

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now