Maine  |  Real Estate Law

I have tenants who signed a year lease for an apartement beginning on 5/1/13 & ending on 4/30/14. Upon moving in, they paid first & last, and no security deposit. They owe $150.00 in back rent which was due 8/1/13 & on 9/3 in a phone conversation, they stated they are moving at the end of the month (9/30/13). After the call, I drafted a letter stating they are in violation of their lease, still had a balance owed from August, as well as in the lease, it states they are to reimburse me for water & sewer, so they owe that as well.

I drove by yesterday and it appears they are still living there. In an attempt to see if they are waiting for the weekend to move, I've called several times, but no answer. My thought is to deliver a 7 day notice since they are truely late on their August rent. Is that my best course of action? Is there another document/form/process I should be using?