Maryland  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/04/12, 8:12 am

Can a 9 year old child refuse to go to visitation when a court order is in place stating the child is suppose to go to visitation. Can anything be done to enforce?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/04/12, 8:33 am by Robert Sher

Yes on enforcement. The custodial parent is responsible for seeing that visitation is complied with. If he/she is acquiescing in the child's refusal, a show cause order can be filed requiring the custodial parent to comply. If the parents are able to communicate with one another on a civil basis, the best course of action would be to arrange a meeting including the child and try and talk through the issues that are motivating the child to resist visitation.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Wagshal and Sher 4824 Edgemoor Lane Bethesda, MD 20814

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search