Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

I had a baby boy 4 months ago. His father was in jail when he was born. He got out of jail when the baby was a month old. He signed the affidavit of parentage as the father. I recently filed for sole custody and child support. When we go to court, will there be a court order for a DNA test, since we were never married? If so, who has to pay for it?

Asked on 9/06/12, 12:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Steven Scheinin Steven J. Scheinin, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

As a general rule the Court will not order a DNA test for paternity when the father admits the child is his.

Read more
Answered on 9/06/12, 3:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now