Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

I have a child custody care in MD and my discovery is due in a month, i don't have a lawyer so I plan on doing the Discovery myself. What consist in the discovery?

Cedulie Laumann Arden Law Firm

"Discovery" involves formal information gathering.

This is usually done by interrogatories (written questions), Document Requests (requests to give certain paperwork/information), Subpoenas (court orders to show up and/or produce something) or Depositions (testimony under oath outside of the courtroom). The Maryland Rules of Civil Procedure describe what discovery is available and time frames for responding. A scheduling order may place further limits on the timing of discovery.

The specific types of information you might want to gather by any of these forms depends a lot on the particular circumstances of your case and is best determined in consultation with a lawyer.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland