Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

contempt of court?

csea was employed in my case, then ex's attorney requested partial payments be paid directly to her. court order was issued and 3/4 of payment went through csea and 1/4 of payment went directly to ex. in a later trial they refused to notify csea and the judge of the payments directly to her and i was found guilty of contempt for failure to pay child support and am ordered to pay this amount again. with the proper documents can i file charges against these people or file a lawsuit or what can be done?

Asked on 5/13/08, 7:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: contempt of court?

Although you should have been prepared to do so at the last trial, if you can document that you made the payments they say are delinquent, ask for a rehearing and submit copies of your payments as exhibits.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/08, 9:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now