Maryland  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/11/13, 8:06 am

Under MD Code, Family Law the parental rights of a ward are terminated; the guardian has the parental power. What rule makes it legal for the guardian to adopt their ward's infant?

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/12/13, 7:12 am by Robert Sher

The guardian would have to file a petition for adoption and go though that process--there is no "rule" which gives the guardian any "legal right". You should consult an attorney who specializes in adoption law if you want to attempt this.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Wagshal and Sher 4824 Edgemoor Lane Bethesda, MD 20814

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search