Maryland  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/31/13, 11:23 am

How do I respond to a motion to appoint a trustee to sell the property jointly owned with my ex-husband? The judgement of divorce stated "that if for any reason the property is not listed or said property does not sell within a reasonable time period, either party may file a motion to have a trustee appointed to sell the property". The motion was filed by my former husband, and I have to respond. I have a buyer for the home, and I need to know how to respond to the motion. Since I have a buyer, am I able to stop the sale of the home by the court-appointed trustee?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search