Legal Question in Employment Law in Maryland

Employer held back 2wks salary at the beginning of my job.Left several yrs later to retire.Am I entitled to the 2wks salary held back?

Cedulie Laumann Arden Law Firm

An employer may not withhold earned wages except in a few very specific situations. If by "hold back" you mean the employer always paid 2 weeks after work was performed, such delay is generally allowed, though you should receive a paycheck for the last 2 weeks of work shortly after leaving.

If you never received pay for 2 weeks of work you performed and it is at least one pay period after you ended work, then you very well may have a claim against your former employer.

While I hope the general legal information above helps, it does not replace an attorney consultation. My firm handles unpaid wage compensation cases - you are welcome to call for a no-cost phone call of up to 10 min, or contact another attorney of your choosing.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Maryland

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms