Legal Question in Personal Injury in Maryland

I was rear ended by a drunk driver who took the car without permission. The insurance company has refused the claim. Where do I go from here ? I'm trying to handle this without hiring a lawyer.

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

First of all, if there were injuries involved you are being most unwise to try and handle it yourself, You can be sure that insurance companies will take advantage of you. To answer your question, you will have to make a claim through your uninsured motorists coverage, because there is no insurance coverage for a non-permissive driver under standard liability policies. Even if the driver had his/her own insurance, in all likelihood their carrier will deny the claim. Your UM carrier will probably require you to produce a denial of coverage letter from the carrier for the vehicle.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Maryland