Maryland  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/03/08, 2:17 pm

Homeowner Association Dues

We have several residents who have refused to pay homeowner association dues, many for several years. How can we get them to pay? Can we attach a lien on their propery and if so how do we do that?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/03/08, 2:40 pm by Eugene Policastri

Re: Homeowner Association Dues

Association dues are usually covered in the association documents which run with the deed and provide typically for consent to a lien for nonpayment. Counsel can review your documents, put together the demand letters and file for the lien. Foreclosure may be an issue if the deed(s) of trust on the property exceed current fair market value.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Bromberg, Rosenthal, LLP 401 N.Washington St., Suite 500 Rockville, MD 20850

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search