Maryland  |  Real Estate Law

Hi, This is a question for a mortgage or housing tax attorney.

To summarize 5 hours of phone calls to my mortgage company and the county tax office: my mortgage company placed "5 parcels" on my 1/16th of an acre of land (basically like i have 5 houses on my property) and i only have a small townhouse. They than paid 5 houses' yearly taxes from MY escrow account and placed it into the negative.. (at first they said my tax went from $2200 to $9700 a year which is impossible due to the Homestead Act in MD.. i confirmed with the county it is ONE parcel and my taxes are $1888 a year now). They are saying that i MUST pay $2090 by the 16th, when i am disputing it saying i am not responsible to pay for THEIR mistake. My mortgage is $1285 a month. If i dont pay the additional $$ for their mistake, than they said my house will be in default and my credit hit hard (i have never made a late mortgage payment and my credit is 800?+) I need to pay my mortgage by 9/13.. so i need to find out info asap. thank you for your help!! My county tax rep as well as my father and father in law (realator) have never ever heard of this happening before.