Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Maryland

Inestate-Adult childrens' rights

What are the rights for adult children over 18, if parent dies inestate and step- parent is still living?

Asked on 1/01/08, 9:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Brown Law Office of Thomas K. Brown, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Inestate-Adult childrens' rights

The decedent's surviving spouse takes the first $15,000 and half of whatever remains, the rest is divided among the children.

Read more
Answered on 1/02/08, 7:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88553 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now