Legal Question in Immigration Law in Massachusetts

Am i allowed to volunteer at my husbands company. We got married a couple of weeks ago and all my immigration paperwork has been submitted (including employment authorization). He is opening a new retail shop and we want to know if i could in the meantime volunteer in the shop. I wouldn't be getting a salary but he will be making money and since we are married...indirectly so would i.

Asked on 5/20/13, 12:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

This would not be considered "volunteer" work, so, if you really want to play it safe, I would not recommend engaging in any activity on the sales floor until you get your EAD, which should only take about 60 days or so.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/13, 1:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Massachusetts

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now