Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Michigan

Had tree fall on house in 08. Contractors rebuild and painted front porch (poorly) hard rain leaked down inside roof of front porch ruining electrical inside my Foyer ruining plaster, wallpaper and finish on the interior door. Workers came and fixed front porch to stop leaks, I was told be the contractor not to worry everything they scred-up would be fixed. Suddenly contractor and workers stopped coming. I had no Contract with Statewide disaster for about 18 months. I had an $8500 insurance check my wife and I forarded to company for porch repair maybe a year ago. Now they say I agreed to pay the a remaining balance of $5600. First, I never agreed to simply give them $5600 for work they never finished. They say their work is done and I better pay up! FYI, I still have tree stuck in a section of my roof. I offered to borrow money from my 401 and pay if they finish their work and repair additional damages. They flatley refused and sent me Collections letter today. What are my options to avoid Garnishment or Judgments?

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

Hire an attorney to defend your interests. Do not default! After being served, you only have 21 or 28 days to answer the complaint. Tim Klisz. Kliszlaw.com

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Michigan

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms