Michigan  |  Criminal Law

My arraignment date for shopplifting is on the 19th when I say not guilty would they try to make me sit in jail till my trial date or let me go home till my trial?

Answered on: 6/04/13, 8:54 am by Christopher Brown

The judge must set a reasonable bond. There is no "making you sit in jail" where the offense is a relatively minor property crime (retail fraud). In setting bond the court will look to many factors such as: your ties to the community, employment record, prior failure to appear in other matters, prior criminal history, and prior substance abuse to name a few.

If you need more information contact me and I will give more specific advice once I get all the facts in your particular case. In most if not all misdemeanor cases you may waive formal arraignment through your attorney and set a pretrial date. This depends on the court you are in.

Brown & Associates, Legal Services, PLLC 5600 New King Drive, Suite 365 Troy, MI 48098

Answered on: 6/04/13, 9:01 am by Charles Kronzek

You should have an experienced attorney with you EVERY time you set foot in a courtroom facing criminal charges. Going in alone is silly. Read more at:

www.AggressiveCriminalDefense.com

Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C. Main office - 420 S. Waverly Road Suite 100 Lansing, MI 48917