Michigan  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/20/09, 2:08 pm

assault and bettery

i was arrested 3 days ago on assault and battery...i was at a local diner and an arguement occured between me a girl and a guy...im 32 with no priors and a clean record..i also have a ccw license but WAS NOT carrying any weapons..i approached the man who was standing about 10ft from near the cash register from my booth...words went back and forth and he grabbed my left wrist and i punched him either in neck or head area and my watch broke...the manager and some patrons broke it up immediately and police were called and arrived within 1 minute of the trouble..i was immediately taken into a sqaud car..the police arresting officer then came back to the car and handcuffed me and proceeded to drive me to jail..he asked my full name and if i had any weapons on me...then he asked me if i wanted to tell him what happened but never read me my rights...and all i said was ''a bunch of he said she said'' they booked me and was released 2hrs later on $50 bail. im affraid of being charged and convicted of this charge and of losing my ccw..and have within 10days to contact the court.i cannot afford an attorney having had knee surgery and laid off from work for 7months.any advice on how serious and what are the odds that the prosecuting atty files

1 Answer

Answered on: 1/20/09, 2:22 pm by Charles Kronzek

Re: assault and bettery

In the same way that you hired a doctor to perform surgery on you, you should be hiring an attorney to handle this criminal case. My best advice is that you are not qualified to practice either surgery or law.

For more information, go to:


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C. Main office - 420 S. Waverly Road Suite 100 Lansing, MI 48917

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search