Michigan  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/07/12, 10:47 am

I have a DWLS charge in Michigan. I haven't hired an attorney yet cause I'm not sure it will do any good. Originally suspended for not paying fines but I was a passenger in a vehicle in Wisconsin and got charged with possession of marijuana. I am a legal medical marijuana patient in Michigan but they still suspended my license in Mi for a drug crime in Wi. Didn't even know they could do that. Now their plea offer is they'll recommend a 30 day cap on jail time if I plead guilty. I can't go to jail, I have 3 children and a wife who rely on me, I have to work which requires driving. What should I do? Hire a lawyer? Counter plea offer asking to reduce to no ops if I get my license back before sentence? Please help

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search